Music, music and music. Here at Beatcrave we now how much our readers love music, so every week we go out and search for deals on great music so that you can enjoy the simplicity of just looking at the list below and decide what you want. This week brings us to another series of cheap CDs (and MP3 albums), so sit back and enjoy. Here is what I found this week.
Take a look after the jump . . .
- Michael Jackson – Number Ones | $8.49
- Sonic Youth – Daydream Nation | $7.97
- The Clash – London Calling |
- Jimi Hendrix – Live At Berkeley | $9.97
I’ve been listening to a lot of Hendrix lately and the more I listen, the more I realize that they don’t make them like him anymore. Live at Berkeley is a live documented of the band’s second performance at the Berkeley Community Theater in May of 1970– great stuff. Also, in memory of the king of pop, I added the Number Ones record which includes some of Jackson‘s best songs such as Billie Jean, Smooth Criminal, Dirty Diana and Thriller.
- Yo La Tengo – I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One | $13.28
- Portishead – Third | $13.49
- Lucinda Williams – Little Honey | $11.49
- My Morning Jacket – Evil Urges | $12.99
The first time I heard Yo La Tengo, it was in some really bad film (I don’t remember the name), but that didn’t turn me away because the music was the only good thing in it. Give them a listen and if all goes well, they will suck you in. Also, Little Honey is a great album by Lucinda Williams. Her raspy voice converges perfectly with her folk lyrics and acoustic guitars.
- Black Keys – Attack & Release | $9.99
- Death Cab for Cutie – Narrow Stairs | $8.99
- The Bird and The Bee – Ray Guns Are Not Just The Future | $9.49
- Friendly Fires – Friendly Fires | $8.99
What I would give to see DCFC– a lot. Narrow Stairs is seriously filled with the most amazing– and at times melancholic– lyrics, but all for the greater good. Attack & Release is also a great folk-like album by the Black Keys, whom I first saw at this year’s Coachella and they were surprisingly mellow, but very proffesional.