In case you didn’t already know Neil Finn is collaborating with bands such as Radiohead, Wilco and Johnny Marr for a benefit LP titled 7 Worlds Collide: The Sun Came Out. The record isn’t out until August 31 in the UK, but currently you can listen to some minute-long snippets from it at the album’s Myspace page.
Find out more about the album after the jump.
I listened to a bit of The Ties That Bind Us, by Radiohead’s own drummer Phil Selway, and realized that there is some hidden talent behind those drums — he sounds amazing. Some other teasers featured include Too Blue, which was co-written by Marr and Jeff Tweedy, and Learn to Crawl, written by Ed O’Brien of Radiohead, Marr, Finn, and his son Liam.
The proceeds from sales of the LP will benefit Oxfam, an international confederation of 13 like-minded organizations working together around the world to end poverty and injustice.
Take a look at the entire track list of 7 Worlds Collide: The Sun Came Out:
- 01 Too Blue [ft. Johnny Marr, Ed O'Brien, Phil Selway, and Glenn Kotche]
- 02 You Never Know [ft. Jeff Tweedy]
- 03 Little by Little [ft. Sharon Finn]
- 04 Learn to Crawl
- 05 Girl Make Your Own Mind Up [ft. Don McGlashan, Glenn Kotche, Ed O'Brien, and Jeff Tweedy]
- 06 Hazel Black [ft. KT Tunstall]
- 07 Red Wine Bottle [ft. Liam Finn]
- 08 Black Silk Ribbon [ft. KT Tunstall and Bic Runga]
- 09 Run in the Dust [ft. Johnny Marr]
- 10 The Ties That Bind Us [ft. Phil Selway]
- 11 What Could Have Been [ft. Jeff Tweedy]
- 12 Duxton Blues [ft. Glenn Richards and Johnny Marr]
- 13 Reptile [ft. Lisa Germano and Glenn Kotche]
Would you be interested in purchasing the album for a good cause?