Brandon Flowers, Interpol, Pearl Jam: New Music RoundupBy Seraphina L.
Summer’s just around the corner and there’s a ton of new music coming our way to accompany those road trips.
Brandon Flowers of The Killers has gone solo for now. Interpol has come back from their hiatus and even after some drama that shook them up, they’re definitely back with a tour and some new tracks. Pearl Jam‘s Eddie Vedder has unveiled a new solo song and Jenny and Johnny drop their first track. Details on all these artists and more after the jump!
- Brandon Flowers was bound to go solo and he does so with Flamingo. (You can take a listen to the track, “Crossfire.”) The album will drop in the UK on September 6 and in the US on the following day. [NME]
- Interpol is out to make sure we love them as much as we did back in 2002 with their upcoming self-titled album. We brought you “Lights” and the accompanying video but now you can also listen to tracks, “Success” and “Summer Swell” taken from a recent live gig. [fyinterpol]
- Anything new from Pearl Jam like “Of The Earth” always gets people riled up but it turns out a new track, “Better Days,” really only features Eddie Vedder. It is being released as part of Juila Robert’s upcoming film, Eat, Pray, Love, based on the popular book of the same title. [Antiquiet] [Consequence of Sound]
- Jenny and Johnny, aka Jenny Lewis and beau Jonathan Rice, dropped their first single, “Scissor Runner,” a track off the album I’m Having Fun Now. They’re also touring but not in Arizona. [Consequence of Sound]
- Dirty Projectors and Bjork combine forces for a “hotter sister to Bitte Orca” on the album, Mount Wittenberg Orca. [Stereogum]