American Idol: Season 10, Top 3 Recap – Contestant’s, Jimmy Lovine’s, Judges’ ChoiceBy Mali
Final three! Only one more week until a winner is crowned and two losers are sent weeping and sobbing back to obscurity. This week the contestants had to do triple duty, performing a song of their choice, a song of Jimmy’s choice, and a pick by the judges. Also, Beyonce (!!!) showed up to give some words of encouragement.
- Haley’s performances of “What Is And What Should Never Be” and “Rhiannon.” Both were perfect fits for her, and won me over as a Haley fan.
- Beyonce!!!!! Seriously, she’s never not good, and her new video is insane.
- Scotty’s big head. His country balladeering and the judges’ subsequent hyperbolic fawning over him are getting seriously tiresome.
- Haley’s rendition of “You Oughta Know.” It was just not great, although it was mainly due to the judges poor song choice more than anything.
- “F@ck a duck and see what happens!” – Steven Tyler (Ok, so it was technically a revisiting of a quote he said in an earlier episode, but it’s so insane it bears repeating.)
- “Thank u Ford!” – Someone in the audience’s sign. (What? Why? Are you a plant?)
I’d say it’s Lauren going home. Barring a James Durbin-style upset, Scotty’s in for sure, and Haley gave a great performance, so I think she’s safe too. Nothing’s set in stone though, and Lauren could wind up getting enough votes from tween girls in the South to squeak through. We’ll see!
Recap of American Idol by Noah Duman of Picktainment.