It’s the Season 12 finale of “Dancing with the Stars” and NFL wide receiver Hines Ward is the new ballroom champ. Of course it takes two hours of music performances, encore dances from all of this seasons “stars,” and a few dramatic tape pieces to get there. Unexpectedly, Disney star Chelsea Kane finishes in third place, leaving the second spot open for Kirstie Alley, proving just how much people love a little crazy in their lives.
- Hines, or as Bruno calls him “Mr. Irresistible,” proves he’s just that and takes home the Mirror Ball Trophy.
- The crowd goes mad for Kirstie and Maks’ final Cha Cha and so do the judges, finally awarding her a perfect score.
- As Petra Nemcova and partner Dmitry Chaplin dance an encore of their Waltz to “You Raise Me Up,” from “Personal Story week,” Josh Grobin surprises Petra and moms everywhere, with a live performance of the song.
- Sometimes it takes more than the right moves, as Chelsea Kane ends up in third place, despite receiving much higher scores than Kirstie.
- Mike Catherwood aka “Psycho Mike,” returns to the ballroom, dancing in a skintight romper, and reaffirms everyone’s decision not to vote for him.
- Louis van Amstel almost drops Kendra Wilkinson, when she takes it to the judges’ table one last time to perform her memorable “Livin la Vida Loca” Samba.
- Chris Jericho’s impression of Bruno: “Bruno, the dancing judge, dancing across the floor, rubbing his chest for no apparent reason. I don’t understand half of what your saying, but I looove it, cause you are the best.”
- Romeo back to his old tricks: “The world did not end guys, so I’m able to say this, at my twitter @RomeoMiller”
- Bruno on Kirstie’s Cha Cha: “That was a 100 percent proof cocktail of effervescent, flamboyant fun.”
More “stars” will be dragged out of obscurity this fall for Season 13, and I can’t wait.