News Roundup: Chris Brown Steals A Phone, Young The Giant React To “Glee”, President Obama Sings, And MoreBy Laura Aguirre
It’s been a slow week for the music industry, but still, we at BeatCrave managed to scrape up some worthy news from the depths of the internet. This week, Chris Brown is in the news again, not for his collaboration with ex-girlfriend Rihanna, but for stealing a woman’s phone. Adele also made headlines, and history, on the Billboard 200; and President Obama sang a tune at a recent fundraiser. All that and more, below.
- Chris Brown Is Just Wrong: Not only is Chris Brown a woman-beater, he’s also a thief of women’s cellphones. Billboard reports that Brown is under investigation for stealing a fan’s phone out of her hands, and then leaving the nightclub in South Florida. The man hasn’t changed. Get out Rihanna, while you’re still alive!
- From Movies To Music: Billboard put together a list of 25 Movie Stars that have successfully made it in the music business. Their list includes Jamie Foxx, Jared Leto, Jennifer Lopez, and Zooey Deschanel. Head over to check out the complete list.
- Adele-mania: Adele keeps breaking records on the Billboard 200. Most recently, she passed Whitney Houston‘s soundtrack to The Bodyguard, and has made history for the longest command for an album by a woman in the chart’s 56-year history. What we’re wondering, if Adele is so popular, why isn’t there a word for this Adele-craze? Might we suggest a few? How about adelezania? or Adelania? Or Adelemania?
- Young The Giant Reacts to “Glee” Performance: This week “Glee” covered a song by indie band Young the Giant. According to Billboard, the band is complete satisfied with “Glee’s” rendition of their “Cough Syrup”. The band said that they had to think about letting the show use their song, mostly because they weren’t fans of the show. At the end of the day, the decided “Glee” would be worth their while, after all, it’s a music-based show. Whatever their reason was, it was a good moment in the episode, and we’re happy they said yes.
- Our Singing President: And now watch a clip of President Obama singing a few lyrics of “Sweet Home Chicago” with soul legend Al Green during a fundraising event.
Hope you’re all caught up now. Check in next week for another music news roundup, and don’t forget to keep coming back to BeatCrave for more industry news, and details on the latest bands.
What are you excited for?