This week Fiona Apple unveiled a 23-word album title, Justin Bieber‘s mom decided to write a memoir, and Katy Perry appeared on “Raising Hope“ as an ugly prison guard (with a mustache). Whoa, that was a mouthful. So, it’s that time of the week again, to catch up on the last seven days of music news…
- Fiona Apples’s New Extremely Long Album Title: Fiona Apple’s next album is rumored to be released in June, and now we have the insanely long title to go along with what we know will be another great record. Ready? Here goes, the title of Fiona Apple’s next album is “The Idler Wheel is wiser than the Driver of the Screw, and Whipping Cords will serve you more than Ropes will ever do.”
- A Memoir, By Justin Bieber’s Mom: Billboard reports that Justin Bieber’s mom Pattie Mallette will be writing her story in Nowhere But Up: The Story of Justin Bieber’s Mom. If you’re thinking that the Biebz is not 100% behind her decision, well think again because he’s actually writing the foreword to the book. Look for it in stores September 18.
- John Mayer’s Throat Prevents Tour: John Mayer‘s throat is still preventing him from going on tour. This means that there will be no tour to go along with the release of his album “Born and Raised” in May. Mayer announced via Tumblr today that the granuloma has returned, and has no choice but to take an ‘indefinite break from live performing’. Sorry John Mayer fans!
- Guns N’ Roses Won’t Perform At Rock Hall Induction: Weeks ago we announced that Guns N’ Roses would be indicted into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame. While the induction is still happening, the band will not be performing together at the ceremony as was speculated.
- Katy Perry As Ugly Prison Guard: And finally, watch Katy Perry play Rikki, a frizzy-haired, slightly-mustachioed prison guard on “Raising Hope” below:
Hope you’re all caught up now. Check in next week for another music news roundup, and don’t forget to keep coming back to BeatCrave for more industry news, and details on the latest bands.
What are you excited for?