KISS And Motley Crue Announce Tour, Slam Rihanna For Being FakeBy Laura Aguirre
KISS and Motley Crue will be hitting the road together. The iconic rock bands told Billboard that they’ll embark on a 40-date North American tour this summer which they’re dubbing “The Tour”. Gene Simmons also took some time out of the interview to express his dislike for fake singers, specifically Rihanna. Uh oh, we sense a Twitter war is coming.
Both KISS and Motley Crue are very excited to be co-headlining “The Tour”. Motley Crue’s Vince Neil told Billboard that KISS are the “baddest band in the f***ing world”. Their first tour was with KISS in 1982.
Simmons had a lot to say about pop acts who are invading stadiums once filled by rock stars.
“We’re sick and tired of girls getting up there with dancers and karaoke tapes in back of them,” Simmons said. “No fake bullshit. Leave that to the Rihanna, Shmianna and anyone who ends their name with an ‘A.’”
Motley Crue’s Tommy Lee seconded Simmons’ opinions, expressing his frustration with the low quality of performances he sees.
“No disrespect to Rihanna, she’s a great singer, but we’re in a slump for some s**t that has some personality and appeal beyond a bunch of pop stuff that’s floating around out there…I’m glad he said that actually because I don’t think I can bear watching another f**king award show that is just a little bit better than ‘American Idol.’ It’s f**king pathetic to watch people go out and f**king karaoke with a bunch of lights and video. It’s all completely watered down.”
It seems like everyone has something to say about today’s music and performers. Last week, Billy Corgan called young artists ‘posers’ during a SXSW interview. In 20 years, it’ll be Rihanna and Justin Bieber‘s turn to diss new performers. It’s the cycle of the music industry.
Here are the dates for Kiss and Motley Crue’s “The Tour”:
- Jul 20: Bristow, VA – Jiffy Lube Live
- Jul 21: Virginia Beach, VA – Farm Bureau Live at Virginia Beach
- Jul 22: Raleigh, NC – Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion at Walnut Creek
- Jul 24: Atlanta, GA – Aaron’s Amphitheatre at Lakewood
- Jul 25: Charlotte, NC – Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
- Jul 27: West Palm Beach, FL – Cruzan Amphitheater
- Jul 28: Tampa, FL – 1-800-ASK-GARY Amphitheatre
- Jul 31: Pelham, AL – Oak Mountain Amphitheatre
- Aug 3: Houston, TX – Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
- Aug 4: Dallas, TX – Gexa Energy Pavillion
- Aug 7: Albuquerque, NM – Hard Rock Casino Presents The Pavilion
- Aug 8: Englewood, CO – Comfort Dental Amphitheatre
- Aug 10: Phoenix, AZ – Ashley Furniture HomeStore Pavilion
- Aug 11: Las Vegas, NV – Mandalay Bay Arts Center
- Aug 12: Chula Vista, CA – Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre
- Aug 14: Irvine, CA – Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
- Aug 16: Concord, CA – Sleep Train Pavilion at Concord
- Aug 18: Auburn, WA – White River Amphitheatre
- Aug 19: Ridgefield, WA – Sleep Country Amphitheater
- Aug 24: Grand Junction, CO – Rock Jam
- Aug 26: Tulsa, OK – BOK Center (on-sale 3/30)
- Aug 27: Maryland Heights, MO – Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
- Aug 29: Minneapolis, MN – Minnesota State Fair (on-sale 3/31)
- Aug 31: Cincinnati, OH – Riverbend MusicCenter
- Sep 1: Noblesville, IN – Klipsch Music Center
- Sep 2: Pittsburgh, PA – First Niagra Pavilion
- Sep 4: Nashville, TN – Bridgestone Arena
- Sep 5: Clarkston, MI – DTE Energy Music Theatre
- Sep 7: Tinley Park, IL – First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
- Sep 8: East Troy, WI – Alpine Valley Music Theatre
- Sep 11: Allegan, MI – Allegan County Fair (on-sale 5/5)
- Sep 12: Cleveland, OH – Blossom Music Center
- Sep 13: Toronto, ON – Molson Canadian Amphitheatre
- Sep 15: Darien Center, NY – Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
- Sep 16: Mansfield, MA – Comcast Center
- Sep 18: Scranton, PA – Toyota Pavilion at Montage Mountain
- Sep 19: Camden, NJ – Susquehanna Bank Center
- Sep 21: Holmdel, NJ – PNC Bank Arts Center
- Sep 22: Wantagh, NY – Nikon at Jones Beach Theater
- Sep 23: Hartford, CT – Comcast Theatre
Tickets go on sale Friday, March 23 via Live Nation and Ticketmaster.
What do you think? Are you excited for “The Tour”?