Amy Winehouse‘s cautionary tale is coming to the stage. A play, based on the singer’s life and music, is in the works and expected to open next year. Courtney Love is also heading to the stage. According to some guy she works with, she’s been thinking about putting together a Nirvana musical based on her life with Kurt Cobain. And Morrissey postponed the remaining dates of his North American tour. All that and more below.
- Amy Winehouse Play In The Works: A play is being developed based on the life and music of Amy Winehouse. According to Rolling Stone, the production is expected to open in Copenhagen in 2013. The show will feature music from Frank and Back to Black, and focus on the singer’s stressful life: about “the enormous pressure a sensationalist public put on a young superstar when her problems began.” The play will based on interviews, acceptance speeches, concerts, newspaper articles, letters and songs.
- Courtney Love Allegedly Developing A Nirvana Musical: Also heading to the stage: Nirvana. Apparently, Courtney Love is developing a Broadway musical about the band. Sam Lufti, who works with Love, said that “[We] are currently working on a possible motion picture or Broadway musical based on the Nirvana catalogue, based on her life and Kurt Cobain’s.” Are you all ready for a Nirvana musical? Source: Vulture
- Bobby Brown Got Another DUI: Bobby Brown was arrested and charged with a DUI earlier this week. The singer was pulled over in Los Angeles and he failed the sobriety test. According to The Huffington Post, Brown is considering rehab again. This is the second time, this year, that Brown is arrested for a DUI. Source: Rolling Stone
- Steven Tyler Is Against Domestic Violence: Aerosmith‘s Steven Tyler wants to put an end to domestic violence. The singer, along with NBA star Cuttino Mobley and TV’s Keisha Withaker chose to participate in an exclusive Jimmy Choo event called “Walk This Way” which helps raise awareness for National Domestic Violence Awareness month.
- Morrissey Postpones Tour: Morrissey has postponed the remainder of his North American tour to spend more time with his ill mother. The dates will be rescheduled, perhaps to sometime in January. Source: A.V. Club
Hope you’re all caught up now. Check in next week for another music news roundup, and don’t forget to keep coming back to BeatCrave for more industry news, and details on the latest bands.
What do you think?