Honestly, we thought Britney Spears or Demi Lovato would announce their departure from The X-Factor before this next person. L.A. Reid is calling it quits. He’s going back to his real-life job at Sony’s music label, Epic Records. Also, just because Dave Grohl is drumming on the new Queens of the Stone Age record, it doesn’t mean he’s going on tour with them. C’mon now, he’s a very busy guy. Catch up on more news below.
- Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame 2013 Inductees: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame announced their 2013 Inductees: Public Enemy, Rush, Donna Summer, Heart, Albert King, and Randy Newman have won the race, and will be inducted in the Hall of Fame on April 18. To those who didn’t make it, better luck next year. Source: The A.V. Club
- Dave Grohl Won’t Tour With QOTSA: Even though Dave Grohl is playing drums of the new Queens of the Stone Age record, he won’t be going on tour with the band. According to Rolling Stone, Grohl told New York’s 101.1 WCBS-FM that he won’t tag along when QOTSA hit the road.
- Best Songs Of 2012: The A.V. Club posted their favorite songs of 2012. Their list includes The Walkmen‘s “The Love You Love,” Silversun Pickups‘ “Busy Bees,” and yes, “Gangnam Style.”
- L.A. Reid Leaving X-Factor: After two seasons, L.A. Reid is leaving The X-Factor to return to his full-time job of running Epic Records. He won’t be judging another single season. Reid said in a statement that he respects Simon Cowell and has learned a lot from him. He added, “Working with him on X-Factor has been a once-in-a-lifetime experience, I’m honored to have sat on the panel with such talent.” Source: Billboard
- The Decemberist Appeared On The Simpsons: The Simpsons went hipster last Sunday. In “The Day the Earth Stood Cool,” Springfield turned into Silver Lake (basically), by introducing American Apparel, a Famers Market and The Decemberists. Check out the clip below:
Hope you’re all caught up now. Check in next week for another music news roundup, and don’t forget to keep coming back to BeatCrave for more industry news, and details on the latest bands.
What do you think?