My Bloody Valentine Done With New AlbumBy Laura Aguirre
After 21 years, My Bloody Valentine have finally finished their new album. Last month, the band announced that their follow-up to Loveless would hit store shelves by the end of 2012. With just a few days left in the year, that seems unlikely. But one thing is for sure – the new record’s release is closer than ever.
The group posted on their Facebook page that they finished mastering the new album on December 21st. This will be the band’s third full-length album, and their first in 21 years, since 1991′s Loveless.
“I think with this record, people who like us will immediately connect with something. Based on the very, very few people who’ve heard stuff – some engineers, the band, and that’s about it – some people think it’s stranger than Loveless. I don’t. I feel like it really frees us up, and in the bigger picture it’s 100 percent necessary.”
Shields has also announced that My Bloody Valentine will be releasing the new record on their own, without help from outside labels, via their website: MyBloodyValentine.co.uk. The band has also lined up a number of shows for next year.
It seems like the record might not get released by this year, but we’ll be expecting it at the very beginning of 2013. After all, we’ve waited this long.
My Bloody Valentine 2013 tour dates:
- February 6 – Osaka, Japan @ The Hatch
- February 7 – Tokyo, Japan @ Studio Coast
- February 16-17 – Melbourne, AU @ ATP’s I’ll Be Your Mirror Melbourne
- March 9 – Glasgow @ Barrowlands
- March10 – Manchester @ Apollo
- March12 – London @ Hammersmith Apollo
- March13 – London @ Hammersmith Apollo
- May 26-27 – Tokyo, Japan @ Tokyo Rocks Music Festival
What do you think?