It’s a brand new year and a lot of artists have announced that they’ve got albums on the way, including David Bowie, The Black Keys, Beyonce and Justin Timberlake (who announced his return to music in the most pretentious way possible). Also, former R&B girl group Destiny’s Child announced that they would be reuniting during this year’s Super Bowl. We’ve got the details on that and more below.
- Rick Ross Reveals Name Of Upcoming Album: Rick Ross revealed the title of his upcoming album. It’ll be called Mastermind. This will be the rapper’s sixth studio album. The artist recently announced that he’s moving Maybach Music Group from Warner Bros. to Atlantic Records, something he called the biggest move of the year. Source: Billboard
- Black Keys Working On New Album: The Black Keys are getting ready to release another album. According to Billboard, the duo plans to hit the studio this month. Frontman Dan Auerbach told Mojo [via NME] that they hope to finish the record some time in March, though he admitted that the songs haven’t been written yet. He said, “This is is when we both work best, when we’re dying to make an album. All of our records take place in the studio, in that we make stuff up while we’re there.” The group will also tour for a couple of weeks with The Flaming Lips before taking the summer off.
- Britney Spears Leaving X-Factor: Britney Spears is leaving The X-Factor. Rolling Stone reports that the singer has confirmed her departure from the show after just one season as judge. In a statement, she said that it was a very difficult decision not to return for another season, but she’s ready to head back into the studio. According to some sources, Simon Cowell was the one who wanted Britney off his show because he wanted “crazy Britney” but instead got “boring Britney.” The producers of the show basically spend $15 million to have her says ‘amazing’ and clap a bit. Ho-hum. Hopefully they learned their lesson.
- Beyonce Also Has A New Album On The Way: Besides reuniting with Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams, Beyonce has a new album of her own on the way. Vulture says she’s been working with Pharrell, Timbaland, The-Dream, and Justin Timberlake on the new album. Her record could be released as early as April.
- Destiny’s Child Reuniting, Listen To New Song Below: Destiny’s Child will reunite during the Super Bowl halftime show. According to Vulture, they’ll perform a greatest-hits medley, plus a new song called “Nuclear,” which you can listen to below. This is the first song from Destiny’s Child since the group broke up in 2005. They’ll also be releasing a compilation album called Love Songs, which will feature 14-tracks of the trio’s already-released romantic music.
- Atoms For Peace Release New Track: Atoms For Peace released a new track this week, off of their forthcoming album Amok, which is due out February 26th. Check out the song, titled “Judge Jury and Execution” below:
Hope you’re all caught up now. Check in next week for another music news roundup, and don’t forget to keep coming back to BeatCrave for more industry news, and details on the latest bands.
Which album are you most excited for?