It’s almost that time of the year again, when hipsters and some ravers pack their bags and head to the desert for a three-day weekend filled with tons of music and celebrity sightings. Coachella is coming up, and the lineup has finally been revealed. Despite the rumors and misleading hints, The Rolling Stones will not be performing at the festival. The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Blur, the Stone Roses and Phoenix are among those who will be headlining the event. We have the complete lineup for you below. Also, Adele will be returning to U.S. television. She’ll be performing at a prestigious Hollywood ceremony next month. We’ve got all the details on that and more below.
- The Flaming Lips Releasing The Terror: The Flaming Lips are following 2009′s Embryonic with The Terror. The U.S. release date is April 2. Produced by Dave Fridmann and the Lips, the nine-track album is described as a bleak and disturbing record that the band made when they were hopeless. Frontman Wayne Coyne said: “We want, or wanted, to believe that without love we would disappear, that love, somehow, would save us that, yeah, if we have love, give love and know love, we are truly alive and if there is no love, there would be no life. The Terror is, we know now, that even without love, life goes on… we just go on… there is no mercy killing.” Sounds deep. Source: Pitchfork
- Eve Announces New Album: Eve will be releasing her first album in 11 years. Lip Lock will be her fourth studio album, and it’ll hit shelves on May 14. The record will be released on Eve’s own independent label, From The Ribs Music. Source: Billboard
- Adele Will Perform At The Oscars: Adele will get the chance to hang around Hollywood royals once again when she performs “Skyfall” at the 85th Academy Awards ceremony. She’s already won the Golden Globe for best theme song for Skyfall, and the Academy nominated her in the same category. But even if she doesn’t win the Oscar, she’ll get the chance to stand in front of Steven Spielberg and Daniel Day Lewis. Source: Billboard
- Vampire Weekend Set Release Date For New Album: Vampire Weekend will be playing some new music when they perform at Coachella this Spring. The band announced via Twitter that they will release their third album on May 7th. They haven’t revealed the title of the record yet.
- Coachella Lineup Announced: The Coachella bill also features Lou Reed, Postal Service, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, New Order and Wu-Tang Clan. It’s worth noting that acts like the Stone Roses, Blur and the Postal Service will be reuniting during the event. You can also expect to see Passion Pit, Tegan and Sara, Grizzly Bear, Grimes and the Lumineers. There’s more than 160 artists on the bill. Once again, Coachella will take place over the course of two weekends, first from April 12-14 and then from April 19-21. Check out the full lineup below:
Hope you’re all caught up now. Check in next week for another music news roundup, and don’t forget to keep coming back to BeatCrave for more industry news, and details on the latest bands.
What are you excited for?