It’s seems like just yesterday when Justin Timberlake was taking a break from music to focus on his film career, doesn’t it? His comeback, which he announced last month, is all we hear about these days. This week, the internet went crazy when news dropped that he would be performing at the Grammy’s. And that’s not all he’s planning. Also, Ke$ha is getting her own reality series on MTV. And Best Coast is returning to the studio. All that and more below.
- Ke$ha Is Getting A Reality Show: For who knows what reason, Ke$ha is getting her own MTV reality show. The show, currently titled Ke$ha: My Crazy Beautiful Life, will debut in April. It’ll highlight the last two years of the singer’s “crazy beautiful” life. The A.V. Club reports that all of the footage was shot by the singer’s brother. Interesting… not!
- Justin Timberlake Will Perform At Grammys: Justin Timberlake will perform at the Grammys this year. He recently released a new single, titled “Suit And Tie,” and his new album is set to hit stores and digital shelves on March 19th. Jack White, Taylor Swift, fun. and The Black Keys are also set to perform. Source: Vulture
- Timberlake Also Books Post-Grammy Concert For Fans: After Timberlake performs live at the Grammys, he’ll play a show at the Hollywood Palladium. No press is invited though. This is an event for the fans. Timberlake tweeted: “The 20/20 Experience begins at @thepalladium on Feb 10th. Tix on sale tomorrow at noon PST. #JT2013.” Source: MTV
- Best Coast Headed Back Into The Studio: Best Coast front lady Bethany Consentino announced on YouTube that she and band mate Bobb Bruno will head back into the studio on February 11 to begin work on a new EP. Get ready for some more romantic, 60s-infused tunes. Here’s her announcement:
- New Iron And Wine Record Coming: Iron And Wine will release their next record on April 16. The LP, titled Ghost On Ghost was recorded with longtime producer Brian Deck (Modest Mouse). Here’s the first single off the record:
[via The A.V. Club]
Hope you’re all caught up now. Check in next week for another music news roundup, and don’t forget to keep coming back to BeatCrave for more industry news, and details on the latest bands.
What are you excited for?