Instead of waiting around for their new album to leak unto the world wide web, Atoms for Peace decided to stream Amok a week in advance. You can listen to their debut album right now if you wanted to. Also, man of the hour, Justin Timberlake, and rapper Jay-Z put a name to that tour they’re doing together. And Phoenix released the very first single off their upcoming record. It’s flashy! All that and more below.
- Cops Love 2 Chainz: For some reason, cops and hip hop rappers don’t get along. So often we hear the news that some famous rapper got pulled over for speeding and then busted for drugs. 2 Chainz was arrested recently for possession of marijuana and paraphernalia, but this story gained more attention when the rapper released a photo of him with the police officers who arrested him. He tweeted the picture, saying, “Locked me up and then wanted pictures smh.” The photo is currently being investigated for possible policy violation. This should be a lesson to police officers – don’t pose with prisoners you keep in your iPod. Source: Rolling Stone
- Danny Elfman To Sing Live Again: Former Oingo Boingo frontman Danny Elfman will sing live for the first time in forever. Spin reports that he’s planning a show with long-time collaborator Tim Burton, called Danny Elfman’s Music From The Films Of Tim Burton. He’ll perform scores from movies like Edward Scissorhands and Alice In Wonderland. Yippee!
- Stream Amok: Wanna listen to Atoms For Peace’s debut album? Well you can! The record officially comes out next week, but the fearless Thom Yorke (and Co.) decided to make it available a little earlier. So, head over to the band’s website if you’re ready for some awesome musical fusion. Source: Vulture
- Legends Of The Summer Tour: Remember that upcoming tour with Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake? Duh! How could you forget. Well, it has an official title, and it is… Legends Of The Summer. These guys don’t think highly of themselves at all. Source: The A.V. Club
- First Phoenix Single Released: Phoenix is prepping for the release of their new album, and they’ve just released the first single. “Entertainment,” as it’s called, has all of the makings of a Phoenix song. It sounds like something they’ve done before, but it works. Check it out:
Hope you’re all caught up now. Check in next week for another music news roundup, and don’t forget to keep coming back to BeatCrave for more industry news, and details on the latest bands.
What are you excited for?