The Great Gatsby is considered by many to the Great American Novel. Telling as it does the rise and fall of a group of lives in the roaring 1920s, one might expect some period appropriate music in the upcoming film adaptation. But, of course, this being a Baz Luhrmann adaptation, the film will be scored with new rap, rock, and pop songs. Because when you think of F. Scott Fitzgerald, your mind immediately turns to Lana Del Rey, right?
Interscope Records and Warner Bros. have now released the tracklisting for The Great Gatsby, and like the characters in the novel, the soundtrack is awash with decadent glitz and meaninglessness. Gotye, Fergie, will.i.am, Jay-Z, and Beyonce all show up to lend some tunes. It’s definitely a star-studded affair, and will likely fit Luhrmann’s vision—we’re just not sure Luhrmann’s vision will fit the story.
The soundtrack will be released on May 7, and the film will be out on May 10.
1. Jay-Z – “100$ Bill”
2. Beyoncé and André 3000 – “Back To Black”
3. will.i.am- “Bang Bang”
4. Fergie, Q Tip and GoonRock – “A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got)”
5. Lana Del Rey – “Young and Beautiful”
6. Bryan Ferry with the Bryan Ferry Orchestra – “Love Is the Drug”
7. Florence and the Machine – “Over the Love”
8. Coco O. of Quadron – “Where the Wind Blows”
9. Emeli Sandé and the Bryan Ferry Orchestra -”Crazy in Love”
10. The xx – “Together”
11. Gotye – “Hearts a Mess”
12. Jack White – “Love Is Blindness”
13. Nero – “Into the Past”
14. Sia -”Kill and Run”
What do you think of the soundtrack?
Source: MTV News