Daft Punk finally released a new single last night, titled “Get Lucky.” The tune, which is now available on iTunes and Amazon, features vocals by the ageless Pharrell Williams. Fell free to listen to the four-minute track below. In other news, Liam Gallagher announced that his post-Oasis band Beady Eye will release a sophomore album this June. We also have a new music video by Florida rock band Surfer Blood. All that and more after the jump.
- New Order Is Going On Tour: New Order are gearing up for another North American Tour. They’ll perform again at Coachella this weekend before heading overseas to play in Russia, England and France. They’ll come back to the U.S. and make stops in Texas, New York, Massachusetts, and finally at Lollapalooza and the Osheaga Festival. For more information, visit their official site.
- Liam Gallagher Announces Album: Gallagher has announced that Beady Eye will release BE this June through Columbia Records. He also released a full track-list, which you can check out below. Gallagher described the new album as “rock n’ roll” but “fired out into space.” He said, “If you’re into drugs, you’ll like it. It’s pretty druggy.” Source: Consequence Of Sound
01. Flick of the Finger
02. Soul Love
03. Face the Crowd
04. Second Bite of the Apple
05. Soon Come Tomorrow
06. Iz Rite
07. I’m Just Saying
08. Don’t Bother Me
09. Shine a Light
10. Ballroom Figured
11. Start Anew
12. Dreaming of Some Space (Bonus track)
13. The World’s Not Set in Stone (Bonus track)
14. Back After The Break (Bonus track)
15. Off at The Next Exit (Bonus track)
- Surfer Blood Release Demon Dance Music Video: This summer, Surfer Blood will release a new album titled Python. One of the singles of said sophomore record is “Demon Dance,” which sounds a lot like a Weezer tune. The band released a music video for the track this week. Check it out:
[youtube T99JYIq0Xtk 570 420]
[via Consequence of Sound]
- Daft Punk Release New Song: Daft Punk fans have been waiting for this moment for a long time. The electronic music duo finally released a new single, titled “Get Lucky,” which features vocals by Pharrell, and “sproingy riffs from Chic’s legendary Nile Rodgers.” The track is soaked in late-70′s disco, and sounds a bit like Justin Timberlake‘s “Suit & Tie” (believe it or not). The track is off Daft Punk’s forthcoming album Random Access Memories, which will hit stores and digital shelves on May 21st. Here’s the track:
Hope you’re all caught up now. Check in next week for another music news roundup, and don’t forget to keep coming back to BeatCrave for more industry news, and details on the latest bands.
What are you excited for?